Below are numerous links to organizations and resources for parents and educators of deaf children.
- Early Hearing Detection and Intervention State Chapters
- Early Intervention Network: Supporting Linguistic Competence for Children Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Setting Language in Motion: Family Supports and Early Intervention for Babies Who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing
PARENT AND ADVOCACY ORGANIZATIONS
- American Society for Deaf Children
- Language Equality and Acquisition Campaign for Deaf Kids (LEAD-K)/ASL 4 Deaf Kids
- California State University at Northridge, Deaf Education and Families Project
- Conference of Educational Administrators of Schools and Programs for the Deaf
- Deaf Mentor Family Program
- Gallaudet University Regional Centers
- The National Association of the Deaf
- The Laurent Clerc National Deaf Education Center, Gallaudet University
- The Children's Center for Communication
- Deaf Education and Families Project
- Deaf Rights Resources: Early Childhood Education
- Deaf Students With Disabilities
- Educating Deaf Children (Resource site from RIT's National Technical Institute for the Deaf)
- Learning American Sign Language: Books, Media, and Classes
- Parent Links
- Supporting Success for Children with Hearing Loss
- Dr. Wonder's Workshop for Parents
PUBLICATIONS AND HANDOUTS
- CEASD Child First Brochure
- CEASD Child First Brochure in Spanish
- The Odyssey, Spring 2013, "Accessing Appropriate Special Education and Related Services"
- Sign Language Use for Deaf, Hard of Hearing and Hearing Babies: the Evidence Supports It
- THRIVE by California School for the Deaf
- What is the best age to start reading to a deaf or hard of hearing child?
- Your Child Has A Cochlear Implant: Why Include Sign Language?
INFORMATION AND RESOURCES FOR EDUCATORS